Thursday, May 7, 2015

Clean out the Pantry soup, or as I sometimes call it "garbage soup"

Hey friends... sorry this post is a few days late.. I've been on vacation & didn't get back until Tuesday. So, there was no time for blogging recipes! I didn't even cook for 6 days... it was AWESOME!!

But normal life had to resume... I had to come home, and I had to start cooking again. Today's recipe is actually the meal I made on my first day home. It's called Clean out the Pantry Soup, or I sometimes call it "Garbage Soup".  Although the nick name "Garbage Soup" is a little hard to sell to your kids when it comes to getting them to eat healthy! Here is the link to the actual recipe, and the site that I got if off of.


It's so fast and easy to make. You literally take all the extra bags or containers of veggies in your freezer or fridge & throw it all in the crock pot with some chicken broth, beans, and corn. Then you cook it all day in the crockpot. It's a meal that I don't have to go out an purchase anything at the store to use to make it & it cleans out my fridge and freezer. It uses up stuff that you know is destined to be thrown away in another month or two!

I needed something on this day that I could literally throw a bunch of unprepared stuff into a crockpot & have it cook all day & turn out good. This recipe is my "go to" recipe for days like this. It is always different & it always turns out so good. I have never had this soup turn out bad. This time I used green beans, brussel sprouts, carrots, onions, and celery.

It's full of veggies & stuff that your body loves. It was a perfect "rest my body" meal after eating out and crappy for 6 days.  And... it's soup, so it's already good for your soul & makes you smile. It was perfect for this day, because it was totally raining & cold outside!

So go ahead and give it a try one day & let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment