Monday, February 16, 2015

21 Day Fix

Hey friends, todays blog post is about a new fitness program I am starting. It's called The 21 Day Fix Extreme. It's supposed to be pretty intense, so I am going to blog about my experience. This way, you will all know if it's something that will work for you or not. 

Beach Body has come out with the 21 Day Fix Extreme this month. They have an original 21 Day Fix fitness and nutrition workout package, which has really become popular, and a lot of people are doing it, so they have come out with an Extreme version. I have never done the original 21 Day Fix, but I did just finish T-25 Alpha & Beta versions, so I'm thinking I can handle the Extreme version for the 21 Day Fix..... hopefully I'm not just getting arrogant and jumping in way over my head!! Although I will admit, that if I am in way over my head this wouldn't be the first time! :) 

I got online and ordered my 21 Day Fix Extreme last week and this is what came in the mail (minus my shakology, blender cup. I forgot to add it to this picture.) It has all the info in it to help you plan your meals, and be able to stay on track. It does take a good chunk of time to plan your meals, so be sure to get the planning done the week before!! I have recently learned about a 21 Day Fix app that is $1.99, that helps you with your meals (I think...) and also helps you keep track daily for your food intake. I am going to purchase that app and let you know if I like it or not. 

This program is designed for quick weight loss and muscle definition.  It combines the best nutrition for your body with amazing workouts. The workouts are only 30 minutes long, which makes me so happy. 30 minutes is something I can definitely handle on a daily basis. But they are intense workouts and you should start to see results within a few days. If you are looking to drop your last 5-10 lbs that are just proving impossible to shed, or if you are looking to really get a good sense of portion size and the right kinds of foods your body needs then the 21 Day Fix, or the 21 Day Fix Extreme are the programs for you.  Since this program is designed for quick weight loss, it is NOT designed for long term use. It's not a way of eating for life. It is only for 3 weeks, and you can do anything for 3 weeks right? :) 

It's a pretty intense program & it's not for beginners. If you are just starting to workout, I wouldn't suggest the extreme version. There are 7 workouts, one for each day of the week. You will do these 7 workouts for 3 weeks straight. You can loose anywhere from 5 - 15 lbs on this program. It just depends on where you are at with your healthy eating habits. The hight end weight losers will be the people who are still eating a lot of carbs, salt, sugar, soda, ect.  Which cause you to retain a lot of water, and that will be about 1/2 the weight you loose. People who for the most part are eating pretty healthy, and are having occasional treats will loose about 8- 10 lbs, and then for people who really stick to a pretty strict diet and don't really have a ton of weight to loose, then you will loose about 5-8 lbs.

My personal goal on this program is to loose anywhere from 8-10 lbs. I just need to make sure to stick to the nutrition plan. I have become a huge believer in healthy, clean eating, but I still love my treats!! I'm not going to lie, I probably have a donut once a week! Or every once in a while, I will still have a diet coke. I'm also TERRIBLE and getting all my water in daily. So, I'm not always 100% with my clean eating. I am going to do my best to stick to this nutrition plan 100% for the next 3 weeks! Ahhhh.... wish me luck. I'm really nervous for this! 

 I am starting this program today. I will at the end of this program post my before and after pictures and my weight loss and measurements. I will also be posting weekly letting you know how things are going, and things I have found to help make it easier, and also mistakes I have made along the way so you can learn from my mistakes! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment