Monday, February 23, 2015

My first week on the 21 Day Fix Extreme program

Good morning friends. Okay, I have officially finished my first week on the 21 Day Fix Extreme plan. It's been intense, I'm not going to lie. I hopped on the scale this morning and I have lost 1 lb! Not too bad. We have been lifting a ton of weights too, so I am also thinking I am gaining muscle weight. I'm not going to take my measurements until the last day though, I'm not sure how much difference I'll be seeing on a weekly basis. So I'm waiting until the end to check them again.

Although I have been eating pretty clean and healthy now for a few months, it has been hard for me to stick to the strict nutrition plan. I really have learned the benefits of eating healthy, and I love how my body feels while I am giving it the things it needs to be as healthy as possible. But..... I need a little treat every now and then. Like, WDD (weekly donut day, yum.....)! I usually end up having a donut once a week still. I LOVE donuts... I just can't help myself! So sticking to the strict nutritional plan of "no cheats" has been hard on me. I will admit, I have not stuck %100 to the nutritional plan, I have cheated... maybe a few times! ;) But, I have not had a donut this week, so I am calling this first week a success! :) And I still lost a pound!


(here are some scary workout pic of myself doing some of the workouts with my cute kiddos in the background!)

The workouts are awesome!! I have never sweat so much in my life!! I was so sore all week, I haven't been this sore since I ran my last 1/2 marathon! If I'm that sore, then I know I am working hard and getting a great workout. The best part is that they are only 30 minutes! 1/2 an hour people.... you have time and can workout for 1/2 hour a day, no excuses. I did try and double up my workouts on Saturday, I'm not quite sure that was the greatest idea. This Extreme program has you workout 7 days a week, but for religious reasons I choose not to workout on Sunday. So I did my workout for Saturday & then Sunday's as well right after that. Sunday's workout is Yoga & I'm not going to lie.... I'm not a fan of yoga. I struggle with it. I think it's because I'm just too ADHD or something, I don't know. I just need to be moving when I workout. I need loud music, or someone yelling at me to try harder!! I'm bad at the holding positions and breathing deeply stuff. I also stubbed my pinky toe on my right foot really bad the night before. The whole side of my foot still hurts, all the way down the bone almost to my ankle! :( It was hurting pretty bad during my Yoga workout with my shoes off. So I will confess I only made it through about 1/2 of the yoga workout. I'm not sure if I just couldn't make it because my foot was hurting, or if I was just too tired from my workout right before that one. But I was in pain & my whole body was shaking really bad. I might not be a fan of Yoga, but I will say this Yoga workout will kick your butt! My muscles were burning the whole time.

A few things I have learned this week are...
1- Next week I need to be better prepared!!! I was not fully prepared with my meal plan this week & it definitely played a part in my cheating!! It really is so much food & you need to make sure you are getting it all in. For a plan like this you really do need to schedule your food intake.
2- I bought the app called "21 day FIT tracker", and it really does help!!! I had heard about it, but I wasn't exactly sure what it did. So, this is the down low on the app. I love it!! It keeps track of the food you are eating, your water intake & your workouts every day. It is also really helpful with planning out your meals to make sure you are getting every food category in that you need. I ended up finally sitting down and doing a meal plan on Thursday & this app was a life saver!! I would just input the stuff into the app for each day I was planning out & make sure I hit every category as much as I was supposed too.
3- Okay, Pinterest and Chili Lime Cholula are your best friends! :) There isn't a lot of sauces you can eat on this plan, but my husband and I are obsessed with Cholula. Obsessed to the point that we eat it on everything... except ice cream! (Have you seen the YouTube video of the guy trying Cholula on his ice-cream? Gross!!) It pretty much went good with everything I ate & totally amped up the flavor. I really didn't feel like I was missing out on eating good food. I found a ton of 21 Day Fix recipes on Pinterest. You have to be careful though, some of them don't follow the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan 100%, so just double check the ingredients on the recipe with your book. Also, the food plan for the regular 21 Day Fix and the Extreme are a little different too, so make sure if you are doing the Extreme version like me, that you definitely check the ingredients.
4- Really healthy food can still taste just as good as some of the un-healthy food. Some of the meals I cooked this week were so good. My family loved them, and they were all following my 21 Day Fix nutrition plan.
5- Those containers hold waaaay more food than you would think they would. This was a "big things come in small packages" moment for me. I was surprised at how much food some of those servings are, and how full I felt this week. There were times when I was so full & worried that I was eating too much and wasn't going to loose weight. So, that was a pleasant surprise! :)



Week one DOWN baby.... 2 more weeks to go! I can handle this! :) I'm excited to see the total outcome of this challenge!

Oh... and, NO MORE CHEATING THIS WEEK JESS!!!! I need to say this to myself over and over again. If I'm going to cheat, then there is no point in doing it!!! Go big for go home!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment