Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Crock Pot Enchilada Soup

Sorry I flaked out on posting a recipe last week. It was spring break... I don't think I cooked anything at all! :) Anyways, This weeks recipe is Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup. Here is the link for that recipe.


Okay, here is a little sad story behind this meal. We actually had this meal for Easter dinner... I know, you are thinking what kind of a meal is that to have for dinner on Easter Sunday?!?!?!  But it was out of pure desperation.  Both my husband and I were so sick on Sunday there was no way we had the energy to cook the Ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, and fresh green beans which was the menu for Easter dinner. Plus we would have had to clean the kitchen first, in order to be able to cook such an involved meal. So I hopped on pinterest & found this recipe.

 The best parts about this recipe were that it was a crock pot meal, I had all the ingredients for it on hand, it was super fast to throw together, AND..... everyone loved it!! I didn't have to fight with anyone to eat it. My kids all had seconds, and it felt like heaven on our sore throats!!! It made great leftovers for dinner on Monday night too. It was still just as good & everyone loved it just as much, and I didn't have to cook anything! :)

For this dinner I'm calling it a definite success, and one that we will be eating often I think. It was fast, easy, everyone liked it, and it didn't call for any weird ingredients. It doesn't get any better than that!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment