Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Break

Okay.... Sorry, I know I have been absent for about a week. But it's been spring break, and I've just had spring break brain. No one wants to focus or work... we just wanted to play. We took a little mini "staycation" and just headed about 1 1/2 hours down south to the Salt Lake area. Stayed in a hotel, went swimming constantly, visited our old favorite spots we used to go to all the time before we moved up north, we ate out a ton, and just enjoyed our little family for a few days!!

In the car & on our way!! YAY!!! 


Ready for bed at the Hotel. No matter what, if we are staying at a hotel my kids think it's the best vacation ever!! We could stay at a hotel in the same city we live in & my kids would think we were the greatest parents on the planet!! 

My girls excited and all ready for bed.... and no, no one got any sleep that night. Just too much hotel excitement for any kind of sleeping to occur!! 


We hit the dinosaur museum!! My kids love this place. Built our own dinosaur!!


Put together the dinosaur, magnet puzzles. My kiddos LOVE puzzles, especially my youngest. He could sit and do puzzles for hours. 


We did the whole wall of dinosaur bone puzzles!


And of course we had to get a picture in front of the giant shark that looks like it's going to eat you! :)


We went swimming ALL THE TIME...... Every morning first thing when the kids woke up, we went swimming.... 


In the afternoons when we headed back for a little break..... we went swimming.... If we weren't at a museum or doing something else fun.... we were swimming!! 


And then there was Target.... (sigh). I had to sneak away one night after my littles had fallen asleep and visit my old friend all by myself. I LOVE Target & there isn't a Target where I moved too! I know... you are all thinking "but how can you survive without Target?" I am wondering that myself still some days. But in situations such as these, we just survive the best we can. I do visit Target every chance I get though!! :) 



We also did the Museum of Natural Curiosity. That was so much fun. We have never been here before & my kids had a blast. We were there for a little over 2 hours & I think could have easily spent another hour there. We didn't do a lot of the outside stuff because it was a lot colder on the day we were there, so we spent most of our time inside. 

This was the Water Works section... so much fun!


 They had this Rain Forest section that was like a giant play area for the kids with all sorts of stuff to do. It was so much fun. It was really crowded and overstimulating, but my kids loved it. We spent most of our time in there. 



Me and my "mini me" :) I just love her!! 


They also had this room with all of this Science type of stuff. I don't remember what it was called, but it was such a cool room. One this one table they had this rotating circle & all these balls you could roll around on the spinning circle. We had a blast trying different things to see how we could get the balls to stay on the spinning circle. We ended up getting them all on & spinning with the circle. It was fun! 


Anyways, so we headed home. Exhausted & happy! 

And then this happened.....

Poor kid. The night we came home he started running a fever, and we are going on 2 days of this. It's a sad way to end spring break... but at least he waited until after the fun was over to die... that was really nice of him!! 
 


So on top of playing, I've had sick kiddos & I, myself haven't been feeling 100%. So that just led up to nothing getting blogged at all... 

But, I'm home now & I'm back in business. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment