Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Donut Day

Today is Friday Donut Day... Yay!! Although... I will not be having a donut because I shared a HUGE cinnamon roll with my husband yesterday! It was so good, but so full of sugar... I'm amazed I didn't go into a sugar coma!! So no donuts for me today.... I have had enough sugary goodness to last me a few days...


Anyways... I am giving a shout out to Chick-Fil-A today. They are doing a fundraiser for the Month of April for the organization Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS). What this organization does is they help family members of fallen officers.  You need to just go up to the cashier when you order and tell them you are there for the fundraiser and want to contribute to it. It's as easy as that!!

This one hits close to home for many people, including many members of a small city in Utah called Eagle Mountain. I lived in Eagle Mountain for about 8 years and on January 30th, 2014, in that small city of Eagle Mountain an officer by the name of Cory Wride was shot and killed while checking on a car he thought was abandon on the side of the road. He was killed instantly.

It was a very sad day for the residents of Eagle Mountain and his death will be something that will never be forgotten. He died protecting all of us and that is something you can never forget or take for granted. His family has sacrificed so much for our freedom and safety & now here is another chance to give back to them.

The donations to Chick-fil-A will be going to the Wride family so that they can attend the National Police Week Memorial in Washington this year.

Please help us honor all the fallen officers and their families by heading to Chick-fil-A sometime this month and donating to this organization. And... if you see a Police Officer, stop them and thank them for their service!!

There are a few articles here & here where I have gotten most of my information from. I hope you all have a great weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment