Monday, April 6, 2015

Sticking to your goal no matter what....

Hey everyone, how was your Easter? I have been really sick all weekend long! Like chest hurting coughing, ears hurting, body aching sick.... NO BUENO!!! Not the best way to end spring break for my kids, and not the best way to spend Easter weekend either.

I woke up this morning still feeling like crap. I totally ran behind all morning and it made for a very interesting & memorable morning. (see my FB The Sew Fit Girl like page for this story!) I slept in & didn't get my workout in before my littles were all up and getting ready, so I had to do it after everyone was at school. 

I'm not gonna lie... I totally talked to myself all morning and gave myself a million excuses as to why I didn't need to work out today. The main reason being that I am sick & should just crawl back into bed and turn on the hallmark channel & rest.... That is pretty much the same thing as going to the Dr, right? 

*** totally getting off subject here, but I have this awful addiction to the Hallmark channel. I think that a pretty quilt, my bed, and the Hallmark channel can pretty much cure or fix anything!!***

But.. I was a SLUG all weekend long. I haven't felt good and I haven't done ANYTHING!!! Like not really even cooked for people, that kind of nothing. We have been having leftovers & frozen pizza for all of our meals. And I ate a TON of candy yesterday. Even though I kept the candy to a minimum this year, I still ate my whole bag of Lindt Truffles that I got from the Easter bunny. I was planning on that bag lasting me all week.... oops! :) (I have ZERO self control when I am sick)

So I just "womaned up" and did my workout. And you know what, I didn't die & it didn't make me feel any worse!! I just took it easy & did the 10 minute Ab Fix, nothing spectacular. But it worked, I got my workout done without dying, it didn't take that long, and I feel better for it.





I had this realization hit me today that no matter what.... I can still get my workout done. It doesn't have to be ideal circumstances!! It doesn't have to be this amazing workout, where I am sweating to death & I'm laying down so I don't pass out!! Not everything has to be perfect or going as planned to get it done. If that really was the case, I'm so dis-organized and scattered all the time I would never have time to workout. 

I worked out this morning in the clothes I slept in last night & with no shoes on because I didn't feel like trying to find them in the chaos of my house after being sick and doing nothing with it all weekend long. I didn't have to run to the gym, or even brush my teeth!! I just popped my workout DVD in & worked out in the middle of my chaos. 

*** totally off subject again, but I am just realizing that I didn't brush my teeth either this morning before I had to walk into my kids school to check them in because they were late... Crap!! My kids are going to be taken away from me one of these day...***

You can do this!! Working out every day is hard sometimes, it really is. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you or lie to you about it. But, it can be done. You don't have to look good while you are doing it, believe me, I post scary workout pics of myself on Facebook every day, and I'm 100% scary looking!  But I commit to doing it & I get it done!! Wether it's easy or hard, or if I'm having a good or a bad day. I just get it done & you can too. This is the same for any kind of goal that you have... be it fitness, or personal, or spiritual, or whatever.... find a way to make your goal fit into your life. Make time for it no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment