Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

This weeks recipe is Crockpot Mexican Chicken.  Easiest recipe in the world. Perfect for crazy busy days when you don't really even have time to get stuff in the crockpot first thing in the morning.


I have been doing chicken like this for a while, really without a recipe. But for people who need a recipe, I found this link on Pinterest for you. This recipe was perfect for the crazy busy week I had. I literally threw the chicken in the crockpot straight out of the freezer, dumped a jar of salsa & 1/4 cup of taco seasoning. Turned the crockpot on for 6 hours, and I was good to go!  Once it's done,  just shred it up and top it on top of whatever you want. In this particular picture I have a corn tortilla, lettuce, chicken, greek yogurt and avocado.

This recipe is very versatile, and can go on top of several different things, and can be used for dinner or lunch. I will make this for dinner, but it can be used as leftovers for another dinner, or several different lunch ideas for the next few days.

 Also, I make my own taco seasoning, so here is that recipe for anyone who is interested. For this recipe, I change it a little. I actually do 3 batches of this recipe at one time and then put it into a huge jar. I only do about 1/2 tsp of salt per batch, and on one of the batches I only do about 1/2 the chili powder. I have found that if I do all the chili powder for each batch, then it's a little too spicy for my kids. I also only do about 1 1/2 tsp. of the red pepper flakes per batch. But go ahead and mess around with it a little bit and see what works for your family.

My kids love this recipe. It's so versatile that you can usually find something to put it on that everyone will eat. Some had it on corn tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, corn chips, taco shells, lettuce (for a mexican type salad), ect. So this is another recipe that I usually don't have to fight anyone to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment