Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Quinoa stuffed Bell Peppers

This weeks clean recipe is Quinoa stuffed Bell Peppers. Here is the link to this recipe. 


They were pretty easy, and really good. What was nice about this recipe is that I was able to get all of the filling made and mixed together earlier in the day, so that when I got home from the 10 & 11 year old girls activity for church that I was in charge of, I just threw the stuffing into the peppers, topped it with some cheese, and stuck them in the oven. So even though it wasn't a crock pot recipe, it was still pretty fast to throw together.

My husband and I loved them. My kids loved the fact that the peppers acted like bowls, but none of them ate the actual peppers. They at the stuffing just fine & liked it, but they didn't touch their peppers. I didn't mind too much, because there is a lot of healthy stuff in the stuffing, do I didn't fight them to eat their peppers. And, here is another fast recipe that my kids didn't fight me to eat, YAY!!

We also had a few left over, so I was able to have them for lunches during the week!! Bonus!! I do not like trying to figure out what is for lunch, and I do not like having to dirty up a bunch of dishes to make something for lunch.  So this was a perfect recipe for the beginning of the week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment