Monday, March 2, 2015

My second week on The 21 Day Fix.

Okay this week, in some ways, went a little better than last week. In other ways, not so great. I have been sick most of the week! (major sad face) I hate being sick. I'm not sure if it's allergies or what, but it has taken over my body, particularly my face. Note the scary picture below! I have missed 2 workouts this week. Ahhhh, I'm so annoyed. I hate being sick & I hate missing workouts. But whatever it is that I still have, has been so crazy. There have been some days where my eyes were so puffy & watery, I could hardly keep them open. Seriously, check out this awful picture of myself... this is proof that I was dying!!


Could you have worked out looking like this? It is impossible to workout with "quasimodo face" going on!! Believe me, I felt exactly how I looked too!  (p.s. - I hope this picture is making you laugh until you pee your pants, because I look pretty freaking hilarious! My poor husband, he's had to wake up to this at least 3 days this week! And he still loves me....he's a saint!!)

Other than being sick though, I had a lot of successes this week. First of all I did a lot better at sticking to the nutritional plan. I did cheat one night & I had a piece of birthday cake. But I found that it was easier to stick to the strict plan this week. I actually passed up donuts with my family the other day. That is huge... we were all in the car & everyone ordered a donut except for me! I stuck to my plan of no donuts during this challenge, and that actually feels better than being able to scarf down a donut! :)

Another major thing I have noticed is that I am not nearly as sore as I was last week. I was worried for this week because of how sore I already was, but I have felt a lot better and stronger this week. I know I just mentioned that I missed 2 workouts, so you are probably thinking that I wasn't sore because I slacked off all week. But I didn't miss my first workout until Thursday & I was noticing before then how much better I was feeling after my workouts that week. It is a huge confidence boost when you can do hard things, and do them easier than you could the last time you tried them. That is awesome progress to see yourself making.


On the days I wasn't looking and feeling like "quasimodo", I pushed it pretty hard and had some excellent workouts! This is proof that I didn't slack off all week either. Look at all that sweat! (can't you just hear Justin singing "I'm bringing Sexy back" in the background when you look at this picture) :)

We also had a new addition to our family this week. We added a puppy to our family!!  World, allow me to introduce.... Lucy!!


Lucy is an 8 month old, Lab mix. She is only about 40 lbs, so she's not ginormous! She is actually pretty calm, which is nice. She is already house broke, crate trained, and knows a few of the basic commands. My kids are in heaven!! They are so excited.


So far she has been really easy to have around and fits in great with our family. It just feels natural to have her with us.

This week hasn't gone how I had planned it out at all. I have been sick. The kids had a day off of school that I completely forgot about until the day before, and we picked up a Dog that we weren't exactly planning on picking up this week. But, I survived and I stuck to this challenge pretty good. Life happens, and it's usually not how we expect or plan it. But you can stick to your health goals and plans, even if Life is changing everything. Sometimes, you might not make it 100 %, like missing 2 workouts, but I just kept going.  Missing 2 workouts didn't have to throw me off of my nutritional plan, and I didn't let it. Last week, sucking at my nutritional plan, didn't have to throw me off of sticking to my workout schedule, and I didn't let it either.

I just hopped on the scale and I have lost another 1.5 lbs. Not too bad for being sick, missing workouts, and my body being all out of wack.

Just do your best and keep moving forward. No matter how many backward steps you take, or that you think you are taking, you can always be moving forward if you are determined enough.

2 weeks down, 1 more week to go baby!! Lets see if I can actually have a week where I eat exactly how I'm supposed to, and get all my workout in! :) I got this!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment