Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pressure cook Brown Rice

How to cook brown rice in your pressure cooker. I love my pressure cooker! It cooks things so fast & perfectly! I love it almost as much as I love my crockpot! :) It's pretty easy & fast to cook rice this way.

Here is a picture of the pressure cooker I have & use. It's a Presto 8-quart stainless steel pressure cooker.


So this is what I do for my brown rice. I do 2 cups of regular brown rice (the non-minute rice) and 6 cups of water. Then I set it on the stove and get it up to boiling, so that the weight at the top is rocking. Then I cook it for 18 minutes on medium heat. Take it off the heat, and let it cool down & let all the pressure out. Make sure all the pressure is let out before you take the lid off. This pressure cooker & most of the newer ones have a mechanism in the handle that won't let you open it if there is still pressure inside. But just be careful. Then you have amazing soft, sticky, brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment